Mile High ALA Chapter
Business Partner to Member
The goal of the Board of the Mile High Chapter (“MHC”) of the Association of Legal Administrators (“ALA”) in creating a Business Partner to Member Listserve is to: 1) provide our current Business Partners with a tool to help them connect and build relationships with our members, and 2) assist our members in recognizing what companies support our Chapter by participating in our Business Partner Program.
We believe that allowing our Business Partners to send an occasional email to all Chapter members provides them with a valuable resource for their networking and marketing objectives. However, we also believe that publicizing our members email addresses would create a variety of issues and would not be acceptable to our members. Therefore, the MHC Board of Directors has decided to offer a Business Partner to Member Listserve as part of our Business Partner Program.
Business Partners will be limited to sending only the number of email messages allowed for their level of sponsorship. This restriction allows us to control the amount of messages received by our members so that they are not overwhelmed by the additional messages. We anticipate that the overall number of email messages sent throughout the year from Business Partners to the membership will be less than 100. While this number seems large at first it is only an average of 2 messages a week depending on the number of Business Partners we have in the current year. Because the messages will come from the MHC email server they are readily identifiable as Business Partner messages and we believe it is an excellent way for our members to start to recognize those vendors who are our Business Partners.
All Business Partners given access to this Listserve must comply with these rules and understand that any Business Partner who has been determined by the Chapter to have abused their privileges or failed to comply with these rules will be removed from the mailing list. Business Partners are responsible for providing the Chapter with Contact information for one representative who will be responsible for sending messages and provide one email address that all messages will be sent from. This information should be sent to
The MHC wants to protect the rights of all Listserve users, to comply with copyright and other regulations, and to prevent violations of the law. Therefore, by participating in this Listserve you agree to abide by the following guidelines and agree to the disclaimer appearing at the end of this posting.
1) The Mile High Chapter ALA Business Partner to Member Listserve is used only for informational, promotional and educational purposes by current MHC Business Partners to forward email messages to Chapter members subscribed to the MHC Listserve. Emails concerning issues that are not related to services provided by the Business Partner to law office management are not permitted. This Listserve is a "closed list", which means that no one but current MHC Business Partners and subscribed Chapter members can see or post messages here. Nonetheless, the absolute confidentiality of messages posted here cannot be guaranteed.
2) The Mile High Chapter requires all users of the Listserve to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, including those covering privacy of personal information.
3) Only MHC Business Partners in good standing in the Chapter are eligible to send email via the Business Partner to Member Listserve. Business Partners will not receive messages from this Listserve.
4) Do not post information that encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct that is intended to illegally restrict free trade.
5) Do not post defamatory messages nor abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials.
6) Do not post information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that s/he owns the copyright or has received permission from the copyright owner.
7) Do not post any message that contains negative campaigning or bashing. The Listserve cannot be used as a vehicle for endorsing or slandering Chapter Members or other Business Partners.
8) Do not forward a Listserve email, or its content, without the expressed permission of the original author. Even if you have good intentions, the author may not want their emails or the information contained in the email forwarded to individuals who are not Mile High Chapter members. If you would like your original email forwarded, please give permission in the body of your email.
9) If a vendor who is not a current MHC Business Partner asks for a plug on the Listserve, do not post it. The Business Partner to Member Listserve is a direct benefit to the MHC membership and Business Partners. Vendors interested in becoming Business Partners can contact us via the "contact us" button on the Chapter web site www.milehighala.org.
10) Please do not reply directly to the messages received from the Listserve as the reply will go to all members on the Listserve. Only reply to the originator of the email directly.
11) Disclaimer This Listserve is provided as a service of the MHC, ALA. Neither the ALA nor the MHC accepts responsibility for the opinions and information posted by others herein. The ALA and the MHC disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the ALA or the MHC be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the Listserve. The MHC does not actively monitor this Listserve for inappropriate postings nor undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that an inappropriate posting is brought to the MHC's attention, appropriate action will be taken.
12) The Mile High Chapter, ALA reserves the right to terminate access without notice, to any user who does not abide by these rules.